Yay! April 26th Return to Training
All you need to know ….
- Covid restrictions are relaxing and return to play starts from Monday, 26th April;
- The hockey season has been extended until June;
- COVID Supervisors (volunteers for each team with Sport Ireland Covid training) will be back in supervisory roles and acting as as before;
- COVID information is HERE ;
- Club membership and second half fees should be paid (if not already done) through Hockey Ireland MEMBERSHIP LINK
- An online health declaration within 24 hours of return to hockey is required for each child (sent out via your WhatsApp group/s for completion). After this, individuals are required to reconfirm their health status at each subsequent session. As previously, this is captured with a thumbs up and full name details within your WhatsApp group. Of course, if not feeling well, you should not attend a training session.
You do not have to come back to hockey at this point in time; there is not pressure to return until you are ready and comfortable with the protocols.
Some rules for staying safe:
- Players are not to share water bottles or hockey equipment
- Avoid shaking hands and high fives
- Do not congregate in groups in and around the playing fields (keep 2m distance wherever possible)
- Everyone must use the hand sanitiser provided when entering and leaving the playing fields
- Shin guards and gum shields are mandatory to allow play