Boyne Hockey Club is committed to following the guidance issued by Leinster hockey, Hockey Ireland and the Irish Government. The statement issued by Leinster Hockey today in relation to the move to Level 3 is as follows:
All clubs, players and officials are reminded that they must abide by the Hockey Ireland return to play & competition protocols which include:
- A Covid Officer must be present for any and all engagement in hockey activity and flag to those involved if protocols are not being adhered to.
- Members with any symptoms of Covid must stay away from the hockey facility.
- All members should follow governmental guidance when travelling to and from the facility.
- Club should ensure all member contact details are accurate and up to date to assist with contract tracing if necessary.
- All those entering or leaving the pitch should be instructed to wash their hands or use hand sanitiser.
- Spectators are not permitted at training sessions.
- Everyone should abide by the Club Covid 19 Protocols.
- Pods of no more than 15 people.
- Strictly non contact training. i.e no mini matches etc.
- No training matches at training sessions.
- No friendly matches against other clubs.
With our playing fields at Drogheda Grammar School being on the Louth/Meath border, there is some ambiguity regarding addresses and county lines. It is the personal responsibility of each individual / family to ensure that they are complying with governmental advice in travelling to and from the club.
And it is the clubs responsibility (the Covid Officers, supervisors and coaches) to make every effort to comply with guidance and protocols regarding activities on the hockey pitch and at the perimeter of the pitch (e.g. hand sanitiser, pod size, contact tracing, non contact activities, social distancing, equipment, spectators etc).
Thank you to all for your efforts in following government and hockey guidance. Together we will continue to #HoldFirm and play our part in flattening the curve.